Advanced Physical Design using OpenLANE/Sky130
Physical Design or PnR (Place and Route) is the core of any IC design cycle. From a RTL netlist to final tape-out, each phase of PnR brings it’s own challenges and surprises. “What are these challenges?” “What is the process?” “Can I build a chip of my own?”- If you have these questions and if you are eager to delve into the world of ASIC design flow..Wait no more!
With the announcement of Google-SkyWater’s first manufacturable open source 130nm process design kit (pdk), open source EDA world is no longer limited in scope to academic research and small scale projects only. This along with the conception of Openlane flow, a fully-automated RTL2GDSII flow, has made the dream of “an IC for all” a near reality.
So here’s announcing the ultimate workshop on SoC design planning in Openlane flow using the latest Google-SkyWater 130nm process node.
So if you want to –
- Design and characterize your own standard cell.
- Have a hands-on in the Physical Design domain.
- Generate a full GDSII from a RTL netlist.
Explore and contribute to open source EDA world.
This is the opportunity for you!!
Workshop Day wise Content :
Day1 – Inception of open-source EDA, OpenLANE and Sky130 PDK
- How to talk to computers
- SoC design and OpenLANE
- Starting RISC-V SoC Reference design
- Get familiar to open-source EDA tools
Day 2 - Understand importance of good floorplan vs bad floorplan and introduction to library cells
- Chip Floor planning considerations
- Library Binding and Placement
- Cell design and characterization flows
- General timing characterization parameters
Day 3 - Design and characterize one library cell using Magic Layout tool and ngspice
- Labs for CMOS inverter ngspice simulations
- Inception of Layout – CMOS fabrication process
- Sky130 Tech File Labs
Day 4 - Pre-layout timing analysis and importance of good clock tree
- Timing modelling using delay tables
- Timing analysis with ideal clocks using openSTA
- Clock tree synthesis TritonCTS and signal integrity
- Timing analysis with real clocks using openSTA
Day 5 - Final steps for RTL2GDS
- Routing and design rule check (DRC)
- PNR interactive flow tutorial
Format: Cloud based Virtual Training Workshop
Duration - 5 Day
Cost : $70
Date : April 2022
Last Date for Registration: